Chris Tanev scores in overtime as Canucks edge Flames


Ryan Miller was frustrated Saturday night, but he was not about to quibble.

Chris Tanev‘s goal 34 seconds into overtime gave the Vancouver Canucks a 2-1 victory over Calgary — after Miller had allowed the Flames to tie the game in the dying seconds of regulation time.

"You get that far and you do get frustrated about handing a point back," said Miller, who was outstanding until the tying goal, stopping 35-of-36 shots on the night.

"We stepped up in overtime and got it done. Right now, we needed the win. I try not to dwell too much on the last one."

Tanev converted a 2-on-1 with Daniel Sedin. The goal came after Flames captain Mark Giordano scored with 5.6 seconds left in the third period on a long shot through traffic from the boards to force the extra session.

"I got it up to Danny then I skated as fast as I could," said Tanev, who netted his first goal of the season. "I knew he would get the puck over if I could beat my guy."

The Canucks (26-27-6) moved within four points of the Flames (29-26-4) in the race for second wild card and the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

Kommentar veröffentlichen

0 Kommentare